[bc_random_banner category=image_banner_slider_events slider=yes autoplay=true delay=4100 loop=true dots=false]
[bc_random_banner category=image_banner_slider_united slider=yes autoplay=true delay=4000 loop=true dots=false]
[bc_random_banner category=image_banner_slider_united slider=yes autoplay=true delay=4000 loop=true dots=true]
2018 Giving Tree
November 14 @ 11:00 am - December 17 @ 3:00 pm
2018 Giving Tree Program
The Giving Tree is a wonderful way to help children in the area receive a gift at Christmas, who otherwise may not receive one.
- To participate in the 2018 Perham Giving Tree, please complete an application at the ITOW Veterans Museum, located at 805 West Main Street in Perham.
- The ITOW Museum is open Tuesday through Friday from 11 am to 3 pm. Questions? Call (218) 346-7678.
- The deadline to purchase a gift and return the card to the ITOW office is December 17, 2018.
Click here to download a Giving Tree flyer to share with your employees.
More About the Giving Tree:
- Requests are made for children by the United Way, Otter Tail Human Services, churches and schools.
- Request forms are returned to the ITOW Veterans Museum at 805 West Main Street in Perham.
- Each request is coded, keeping children’s’ and family’s names anonymous and confidential.
- Cards are placed on the Giving Tree describing the child’s wishes for a gift.
- You can pick a card off the tree, which is displayed at the ITOW Veterans Museum, buy the gift, wrap it and bring it back to the ITOW Veterans Museum.
- These special gifts are anonymous, so the giver and recipient of the gift never meet.
- In 2017, 179 children, 55 families, received Christmas gifts.
- The Giving Tree is sponsored by the Perham Ministerial Association.
- This community project has been chaired by Lisa and Steve Sheets for the past 24 years.